Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Property Standards Complaint Form

Owning a property - either a home, rental property, business or piece of land -- means ensuring the property meets specific standards for maintenance and occupancy, as outlined in our Municipal Code.

Learn more about Property Standards and view our Municipal Code

You can call the Corporate Contact Centre 24/7 at 519-741-2345 to report a property standard complaint or submit your complaint online using the form below.

Please provide the following information about yourself:

Please provide the following information about the property you are complaining about:


Allowed extensions pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, tif

Why do we need this information?

In order to open a file we require your name, address, telephone number and the address of the property you are lodging a complaint about. We cannot open a file without this information.

Personal information is being collected under the authority of s. 28(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and will be used to confirm details of your complaint (if required), and to allow Bylaw officers to update you on the status of your request. This information will be shared with staff who require it for their work as part of The City of Kitchener bylaw office and will be stored on a server owned by a Third Party Service Provider (eSolutions Group) located in Canada. The personal information collected herein will be used only for the purposes relating to the program and will be protected in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the MFIPPA.